Visa for family to visit brother

I have a brother here in US who is diagnosed with cancer. I would like my mom and brother who live in India to come and visit him. What type of visa should they apply for in India and how long will it take? On which visa can they come as soon as possible.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Tourist visa seems to be appropriate. Times vary by consulate and are usually very short -- often visa is issued the same day an application is made. You can also get an appointment for emergent reasons.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment