B2 visa and change of status

I am currently in the U.S. with B2 visa. Can a company that intents to hire me, apply for a work permit on my behalf and change my status while I am in the U.S.?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You can, but it is almost never a good idea to convert from a B to a longer term visa. Please discuss the consequences with your lawyers.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment