Can a revoked I-140 help for H-4 EAD?

Do we have any more clarity whether the revoked I-140 can also be used to apply for new H-4 EAD? My I-140 was approved in 2015 but I recently changed job (after Jan 18) and was looking to apply for my wife's H4 EAD based on old I-140.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ: Can a revoked I-140 help for H-4 EAD?

Video Transcript

In a situation where an I-140 was revoked on or after January 17, 2017, and it stayed approved for 180 days, that revoked I-140 can be used to get or extend an H-4 EAD. The government has said they will extend the benefit of H-4 EAD extension to those types of I-140s even if they are revoked, extension or a new H-4 EAD. One more thing to consider is for an H-4 EAD to apply or extended it is not necessary that you must have a particular I-140. You can use any I-140's. More


Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Nonimmigrant Visas: 
Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment