1. I recently filed I-140 under EB1 as I am on L1A, my spouse is on L2-EAD, can I open a company on my spouse name?
2. When I file my I-485 do I have to provide any documents (W2, Tax Returns) related to my spouse company?
3. As USCIS has announced In person interview from 10/01/2017, what kind of questions can I anticipate if I open a new company?
1. You cannot open a company in your spouse's name. It would be illegal if you do business through your spouse. But if your spouse wants to do business he or she can. So there is a shade of distinction between what you said. Can I do business through my spouse and the answer is "no" and can my spouse do business the answer is "yes".
2. Yes, you will need to provide copies of all your documents and it is not necessary that she gets a W2 if she's getting a distribution instead of a salary that's fine.
3. First of all, I don't think if the company is not yours and is your wife's and you have nothing to do with it, then you have no questions about it, your wife will have to answer questions about what kind of company etc... More...
Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.