Registered Nurse

I am a Registered Nurse. My employer filled an I-140 in January 2010 for me which was approved. My priority date is now current. Right now, I had to get a new employer because my former employer has decided not to continue the sponsorship because of economic issues. What are the steps my new employer has to go through to sponsor me for the green card.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

1. Get an H-1 transfer.

2. Start another green card (Just I-140) since you are an RN. You will carry the priority date from the old I-140.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment