Transfer from H-1 (with I-140 approved) to H-4 EAD

I have approved I-140 with company A and my wife has her I-140 approved or over 2 years. I'm planning to move to H4 EAD. Can I file for H4 and H4 EAD concurrently? What would happen to my earlier I-140 and also to the GC process if I am on H4?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You can most definitely file H-4 and EAD together. Your green card process can continue even though you have changed your status.

Immigration Law : 
Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment