Multiple entries for UK Citizens

I am a US citizen - my partner is a citizen of the UK (we are not married). He is a consultant in the international development field so travels frequently, but often visits me in the US when he is not working. He has been to the US for visits of 2-3 weeks duration about 6 times in the last year. The past few times, immigration has hassled him about the number of visits he is making. We are concerned that one of these times he may be refused entry - is this likely?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

He can be denied entry. UK citizens have the same options to work in USA as the rest of the world; typically H-1, L-1, E-1 and E-2 visas.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment