Applying for Spouse after H-1B Approval

I am planning to come to the U.S. to work. The company that is going to file the H-1 petition for me tells me that they will not need to file any petition for my wife. I want her to accompany me to the U.S. What do we need to do?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

The company will file your H-1B petition and, after you receive your H-1B approval, your wife should accompany you to the consulate to apply for her H-4 stamping in order to come with you to the U.S. as your dependent.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment