Interfiling - the downgraded eb3 140 amendment is still pending?

Question details

Hello Rajivji, Following up on the above question: if the downgraded EB3 140 amendment petition is not yet approved, could we then interfile with the previously approved EB2 140? Since the EB3 140 filed as an amendment is not yet approved, is the previously approved EB2 140 still active and valid? If so, can we use it for interfiling? What is the right thing to do? Please advise. Appreciate your guidance!

ANSWER

I see no problem with interfiling as long as the 140 amendment is not approved (it should have been filed as a "new petition"). You need your lawyers' review and the final decision, but legally, I see no issue.

---------------------------------------
Note: Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments, blog and community calls on immigration.com. Where transcribed from audio/video, a verbatim transcript is provided. Therefore, it may not conform to the written grammatical or syntactical form.

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <p> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd><style> <drupal-entity data-*>
If you want to be notified of a response to your comment, please provide your email address.