Changing from J-1 to O-1

Can I change from J-1 to O-1 without meeting the home residency requirement or getting a waiver?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You can apply for the O-1 category and, upon receipt of the approval notice, you will be required to obtain the O-1 Visa at a U.S. consulate abroad.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment