I was on J-1 visa

I was on J-1 visa for 18 months of training in a dental lab as a dental technician .I got my waiver on my J-1 visa .I came back from USA to India and applied for the F-1 visa in a community college .But I was denied f-1 visa on bases of section 214(b) of immigration (possible immigrant).What can I do next to get back to USA?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

If the consulate is not convinced of your nonimmigrant intent (214(b)), it is extremely difficult to remedy that. Usually, people in that situation should explore options like H-1, L-1, green card - all of which do not require a nonimmigrant intent (intention to remain in USA only for a brief period of time).

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment