British citizen on L-1 visa

I am a British citizen on L1 visa. My boyfriend is a US citizen and we intend to marry. If we seek the fiancé visa, will I have to go back to the UK for any time? And if I intend to relocate within the US to collocate with him (and therefore will need to find a new employer) what kind of working visa could I obtain?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You can just get married and apply for a green card directly while you are still in USA. You can continue working on L-1. In 90 days or so, you should also receive your EAD, if you apply.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment