L-2 as dependent turning 21

I have an L-2 dependent visa as a child and I am currently attending US College. However, I am turning 21 in December of 2010, does that mean I will no longer be eligible for an L-2 visa through my father's company? And do I have to change to F-1 status?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Correct. Once you are 21, you cannot be on L-2 status.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment