L-2 Visa without EAD

I have come here with my husband who is on L-1 visa. I have L-2 visa. What work opportunities are there if I have no EAD. Second,I have gone to the office to get SSN. But the lady there told me that I don't require that and they refused to give me.What could be the reason I didn't get that. Can I apply for EAD if I don't have SSN? I'm here in US for 6 months. I want to work as I have done my MBA.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

USCIS has to issue you an EAD (apply using Form I-765) and the SSA has to issue you an SSN. Once you have your EAD, you may work anywhere in USA at any job.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment