L-2 for Fiance

I am currently in the U.S. on an L-1 visa. My fiance is Hungarian and currently visiting me on a tourist visa. My L-1 was issued in Tokyo, Japan. Can we get married in the U.S. and get her an L-2 visa without her having to leave.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You would be getting her an L-2 status, not visa, within USA. I usually discourage change of status from B visa, but it is possible to do this. Consult with your lawyers.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment