How to transfer the approved I-140 - Physical Therapist

I am a Physical Therapist and My I 140is approved through an OP rehab clinic and they applied for my GC too. Now I am ending 2 yr contract with the above mentioned company and I would like to know what is the procedure to change the company by maintaining my GC process.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

I cannot think of any reason the law would be different for PT's in this respect. You can only carry the priority date (if your I-1485 was not filed more than 180 days ago). You will have to refile the I-140 with the new employer. Read my blog.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment