Religious Denomination’s and R Visa

I am trying to obtain an R-visa, and I read that a copy of a religious worker’s certificate of ordination must be included with a petition for an R-visa. The religious denomination that I belong to does not require any special theological education. What can my prospective employer include with my petition to satisfy this requirement?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

If the denomination does not require a prescribed theological education, provide the religious denomination’s requirements for ordination to minister, a list of duties performed by virtue of ordination, the denomination’s levels of ordination, if any, and evidence of the religious worker’s completion of the denomination’s requirements for ordination.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment