Form I-140

Jan 10, 2019 Recording of Free Community Conference Call (Every Other Thursday)

Substantial transcription for video

Discussion Topics, Thursday, 10 January 2019:

FAQ: The logistics of porting a priority date, how to? ||Consequences of and logistical problems in dealing with criminal arrests or convictions in immigration cases||What to do when the 240 days H-1B work authorization is expiring?||Downgrading a case from EB2 to EB3 for priority date advantage||

Other: How to calculate H-1B time while the case is pending ||Successor in interest cases ||Transferring family-based cases ||Converting pending H-1B cases to premium ||H-1B visa stamping problems ||CSPA issues while the I 140 is pending||Filing an appeal against H-1B denial ||Effect on employment-based green card of relocation or moving abroad || REmoval of condition on green card through marriage

EB-2 Approved - Applying for EB-3

Question details

I applied for EB3 in 2011 and port to EB2, now EB3 dates are moving forward and if it reach to my priority date am I still eligible for EB3 as I initially applied for or do I need to downgrade to EB3. Will there be any questions raised?

FAQ Transcript





Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Status Expiring During the Pendency of an H-1B extension

Question details

1. I have approved I-140, on 7th yr of extension and my current H1B Visa and I-94 valid with emp A until dec 31,2018 based on my latest approval I received in Nov 1st week.
I have another 1 month to apply for an extension and I am requesting my employer to apply in premium processing.

1)If my extension is applied in Premium before I-94 expiration but pending beyond my expiration date 12/31/2018,
I will be 'out of status' even though 'authorized to stay' until decision is made. Is this correct that this may affect my future H1bs in case it is denied
and attract NTA(notice to appear) in future because of my 'out of status' from date of expiration to date of denial or while leaving the country upon denial.<br>
2. Is it better if I leave the country on the last day of my I-94 expiration(Dec 31, 2018) while my H1B extension is pending in order to avoid 'out of status' or 'unlawful presence' scenarios by staying here.
If I leave the country while extension is pending in above scenario, is it possible for me to go for consular processing, get VISA stamped after it is approved and enter the US legally?
or
is h1b extension is considered as abandoned?

FAQ Transcript





Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Continuing Employment-Based Green Card While Moving Outside the USA

Question details

I am exploring an option to move to Canada temporarily in order to save my Canadian PR. My PD date is March 2012 and have an approved I140. Currently my H1B extension based on approved I140 is in process and hopefully it shall come soon and will be good till Feb 2022. Plan is to move to Canada after H1B approval and H1B visa stamping from India. <br>
Questions<br>
1. If Priority date becomes current during my stay in Canada then what are my options.<br>
2. If Priority date does not become current and I tried to enter US after staying for more than year outside US. Two situation could occur H1B extension (I797) is still valid (before Feb 2022). Will I be challenged at port of entry whether i am going to perform the same duties as mentioned in I-129.<br>
3. To convince them on job responsibilities will the letter from employer be sufficient Or need something else?<br>
4. Recent pay stubs shall also be helpful to prove my continue employment with my same employer ?
5. H-1B extension (I-797) is expired (after Feb 2022) OR because of some reason I have to file new H-1B extension to enter Can i use my approved I-140 to file new H-1B extension(or claim the H-1B period) and that will be cap exempt ? OR I have to file new H-1B petition and re-enter the lottery.

FAQ Transcript





Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Transfer of Priority Date on an I-140 Process

Question details

I had EB-2 I-140 with PD of March 2017 , My EB-1 I-140 is Aug 2018. My attorney has filed for amendment of priority date - How this works , will they open the case again ?
How long will it take to get the amended I-140 with old priority date.

FAQ Transcript





Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Dec 13, 2018 Recording of Free Community Conference Call (Every Other Thursday)

Substantial transcription for video

Discussion Topics:

Marrying a Canadian and bring them to USA || I Apply for a NIW through EB2 || COS to L-1A || Can any company revoke I-140 after 180 days || H-1 transfer || 3 year H-1B extension || Fiance visa || H4 EAD and starting a business || EB3 to EB2 porting of priority dates

Effect of L-1A Denial on Approved I-140 Green Card

Question details

I am currently on H-1B , which expires on 20 Jan 2018 , Instead of filing H-1B extension my employer filed for my COS on L-1A , As i meet all the eligibility criteria. I also have my EB-1C I-140 approved , but we cannot file 485 as the dates are not current. My L-1A COS is rejected (Denied) . Will this impact my already approved I-140 ?

FAQ Transcript





Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Recording of Free Community Conference Call (Every Other Thursday) , November 29, 2018

Substantial transcription for video

Discussion Topics, Thursday, 29 November 2018:

FAQ: Effect of L-1A denial on approved EB-1C I-140 || Transfer of priority date on an I-140 -- process || Period of maximum stay allowed for tourist visa entrants || Continuing employment-based green card while moving outside the USA || Starting business on I-485 EAD|| Status expiring during the pendency of an H-1B extension || EB-2 approved applying for EB-3 || I-94 expired -- Unlawful Presence

Other: Travel during H-4 EAD || I-140 denial effect on concurrently filed I-485 || EB2 with a three-year bachelor’s degree || Green card for child born in Canada || H-1 transfer || 3 year H-1B extension || Four year delay in naturalization || Errors in H-1B approval || Fiance visa || Revocation of green card because of the company merger

How Can I Downgrade from EB-2 to EB-3 and Consequences

Question details

I have I-140 approved in EB2, priority date is 2010. When date become current for EB3, I want to downgrade from EB2 to EB3 (I know I have to only refile I-140 and I-485 concurrent). What will happen if USCIS denied newly filed I-140 (EB3)? can I-485 also denied? If newly filed I-140 (EB3) denied, can I used my previously approved I-140 (EB2)?

FAQ Transcript





Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Recording of Free Community Conference Call (Every Other Thursday), October 11, 2018

Immigration Law

Substantial transcription for video

Topics of Discussion: Oct 11, 2018

Transfer of H1-B without filing an I-140 immediately || Does changing employer automatically cancel/revoke previous H1B petition || Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) about I-140 || CAP EXEMPT H1-B || Can I use my EB3 to file Change of status application by using successor in interest document as my EB3 was done by my old company which was acquired by company XXX || Job portability under the AC21 || Can an employer retain the original I-797 and give only a copy if the I-797 to the employee