USCIS Automatically Extends Validity of Employment Authorization Documents
Discussion Topics, Thursday 26 April 2018:
FAQ: Must I carry my green card with me at all times? ||H-1B and green card transfer from a non-profit organization to for-profit||Filing EB-5 investor case with a promissory note secured by property in a foreign country||At what stage should I join my future green card employer?||Child turning 21, immigration consequences for pending green card cases
Other: Compelling circumstances EAD after the age of 21 ||National interest waiver, J1 visa and physicians ||Immigration consequences of amending tax returns||ACICS Accreditation restored, effect on STEM OPT extension ||Advisability of travel using AVR – automatic visa revalidation ||Transferring H-1B quota case before first October ||Naturalization for a developmentally disabled applicant ||H4 EAD ||H-1B extension with PERM || Rules for AOS EAD extension, etc
I am a staff in University of Pittsburgh and still have 3 more years to complete 6 yrs of my H1B. H1B sponsorship is an issue for me getting a new job.
1) When I apply for a NIW -EB2, can I simultaneously apply for I140, EAD, 485 simultaneously?
2) Although the green card date for Indians with EB2 is not current, can USCIS approve my EAD much earlier ( may be within a year) compared to approving 485 which might take several years?
3) Further can I use that approved EAD to change jobs by bypassing H1B sponsorship?
1. I recently filed I-140 under EB1 as I am on L1A, my spouse is on L2-EAD, can I open a company on my spouse name?
2. When I file my I-485 do I have to provide any documents (W2, Tax Returns) related to my spouse company?
3. As USCIS has announced In person interview from 10/01/2017, what kind of questions can I anticipate if I open a new company?
FAQ: Is interview required for compelling circumstances EAD? || Can we open a company while on EAD? What kind of questions/documents will be needed in the I-185 AOS interview? || Does H-1B extension denial invalidate an existing H-1B? || What can be done if an H-1B is denied while in the USA? ||Impact of taking a long break while on H-1B.
Other: Traveling while an H-1B is pending || Impact on naturalization of an incorrect name in the past ||Working from home on and H-1B ||Name updated on form I-140||Applying for L-2 EAD and change of status to H-1B ||Erroneous name on passport, visiting on a tourist visa ||Applying for H-4 EAD, I 140 withdrawn before 2017 ||H-1B issued without an I 94||I 485 delay, etc.