B-2 Visa

Feb 4, 2021 Recording of Free Community Conference Call (Every Other Thursday)

Immigration Law

Substantial transcription for video

FAQs: Filing Supplement J, staying without work on EAD, H-1B denial effect on I-485 Age Out/CSPA for children immigrating to the US

OTHERS: Completed I-765 form with a mistake, will the application get rejected || I-140 is withdrawn before 180 days of pending I-485 and EAD application || WD 7A1 stamp and future vacation travel to US || B-2 visa duration and extension || Getting a US Passport under Section 320 for a Minor || Wait for H-4 EAD or convert visa from H-4 to F-1 (finishing graduate degree online) by traveling to India for visa stamping || On F-1 visa stamped for 5 years for 1-year graduate course and unclear when required to leave || Applying for a re-entry permit after receiving green card || USCIS Receipt Notice Delays for I-140/EB-1C || H-1, H-4, EAD expiring: H-1 extension already filed || B-2 extension and RFE responses for parents during covid || Applying for H-4 after marriage with an approved I-140 || Moving to H-1B from Adjustment of Status if currently working on EAD || L-1A Stamping in Canada instead of India - Advantage || Maintaining H-1B status while waiting for green card || AOS filing and processing questions with H-1 and H-4 parents and child on F-1 now over 21 || Downgrading and processing time issues.

Visitor, Tourist, B-2 visa extensions and multiple extensions

Question details

My Mother-in-law arrived in the USA on Feb 19th, 2020 on visitor visa (B2), her initial plan was to stay till Aug 11th 2020 but due to covid-19 and travel ban we have applied extension for another 6 months - Feb 4th, 2021 on June 19th, 2020. Her case status is still under processing("Case Was Received") even though she is getting close to the end of first extension. Since she is over 62 and belongs to high-risk traveler category(with pre-existing conditions), we would like to extend her stay for another 6 months, mostly till June 2021. Her authorized stay(I-94) expired on 8/18/2020
<br>

1) Can we apply the second extension for another 6 months while her first extension is in processing, if yes, what is the process?<br>

2) Can she stay in the US even after Feb 4th (first application requested end-date) while the application is being processed, will this be considered overstay?<br>

3) What happens if my mother in law leaves before biometrics appointment?<br>

4) if rejected, how soon do we have to leave the US and will the stay from I-94 is considered as overstay?<br>

5) Staying beyond 1 yr has any impact on future visits?

Watch the Video on this FAQ: Visitor, Tourist, B-2 visa extensions and multiple extensions

Video Transcript:

This FAQ has become such a problem for people. Answering to the question:

1. Yes, you can.

2. Yes, she can.

FAQ Transcript





Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Loss of H-1B Job and Opting for B-2 Visa

Question details

1) I lost my job almost 6 months ago. I was on H1B with I-140 approved. I filed for a change of status to B2 (not approved yet). Now I have to extend again since I wasn't able to find a job and cannot move out of the USA right now.
How long/many times can one extend a B2 under the given circumstances?<br>

2) If for whatever reason say the original B2 petition filed in July gets denied do I get illegal presence for all these months from July? How long(days/weeks) does a person has to leave the country in this case?
<br>
3) Any suggestion on what steps to take if USCIS does not approve COS from B2 (pending) to H1b but processes as consular processing. I am a Canadian resident but I heard only emergency visa appointments are available.

Watch the Video on this FAQ: Loss of H-1B Job and Opting for B-2 Visa

Video Transcript

1. Until the B-2 is denied you could try to keep getting it extended.

2. No, as long as a timely filed B-2 was pending you have no unlawful presence.

FAQ Transcript





Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Sept 3, 2020 Recording of Free Community Conference Call (Every Other Thursday)

Substantial transcription for video

FAQs: H-1B portability without a visa stamp || Unemployment benefits while on B-2 || Owning or doing business on H-1B || Unstamped H-1B quota exemption || Change of status on an H-1B approved for consular processing || Changing status during a pending application - authorized period of stay.

OTHER: Visas for Canadian permanent residents || J-1 waiver for multiple DS 2019 || Name discrepancy || Union membership for nonimmigrants or immigrants || Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, etc.

Covid-19/Coronavirus applying for B-2 status

Question details

I came to the US on H1b in 2010. My i140 got approved in Dec 2013. I joined a new employer on 21 Feb 2020. My H1B got approved till 20 Feb 2023, But I did not receive any receipt notice for my wife and my elder son H4. My employer told me that he applied for an H4 visa for my dependents.

Unfortunately, I got laid off due to COVID-19 and my employer notified USCIS on 8th June 2020 to revoke my visa. My priority is to find a new job. But in case I do not find any job I would like to move out of the USA, I do not want to accrue unlawful days. But, due to the COVID-19 situation in India, I am scared to travel to India.

My wife called USCIS and was asked to email USCIS on lockboxSupport@uscis.dhs.gov to notify her of the receipt number of my wife and son. But she has not received any response.
I want to stay in the USA until the COVID-19 situation becomes normal. As per the Document COVID Coronavirus Converting to B-1 B-2 status.pdf on your website, I can apply for a change of status to B1/B2?

FAQ Transcript





Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

July 23, Recording of Free Community Conference Call (Every Other Thursday)

Immigration Law

Substantial transcription for video

FAQs: Covid-19/Coronavirus applying for B-2 status || Working from Canada on or off H-1b || How can I qualify for EB-1C/International Managers or Executives ||

OTHER: STEM OPT EAD || Travel on I-539 || AC21 portability || Day trading on H1b (I-140 approved) or on H4? || Can I withdraw the COS to H4 once my H1b is approved? || Green Card expiring, filing I-90? || Disorderly conduct arrest record in the I-485 form || Entry restrictions on visitor visa || Reckless ticket and oath ceremony || Immigration processing delays || Pay on H-4 EAD expiry || Travel to India while the i-539 application is pending ||

Covid Coronavirus Converting to B-1 B-2 status

Question details

My employer has applied for my H1 B extinction and got an RFE ,based on RFE responded but I got denial USCIS site 03-20-2020. But my employer still did not received denial notice. How many days I can stay in the USA after denial. (my I-94 has expired Jan-25-2020)

 

FAQ Transcript





Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

B-1/B-2 visitors visa extension

Question details

My father is having a B1/B2 visa till 2025. He came to visit me on Feb 12, 202. He has stamped (I-94)till August 4, 2020. Due to this COVID-19 situation, I would like to extend his stay in the USA on B1/B2. He visited the USA multiple time from 1987 to 2020.

FAQ Transcript





Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

April 30, 2020, Recording of Free Community Conference Call (Every Other Thursday)

Immigration Law

Substantial transcription for video

FAQs:

-B-1/B-2 visitors visa extension

-Effect of immigration proclamation/executive order on green cards

-H-1B furlough or temporary lay off

-Implications of the 240 days grace period

-I-485 pending laid off/AC21/Supplement J

Other topics of discussion:

-Public charge rule

-H-1-H4-H4 EAD extension concurrently

Covid Coronavirus Extension of B-1-B2 (tourist visas or business visas)

Question details

My parents are here in US on B1/B2 visitor visa and their I-94 expires on June 5th. With the current Covid Situation, I feel it's risky to send older parents back to India. I would like to know if I can apply for extension of stay based on this situation? USCIS will consider this kind of pandemic situation in to account for extension? If I can apply extension how soon I should do and how long I can extend ( can do 6 months)?

FAQ Transcript





Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.