E Visa

E-3 dual intent

Question details

I am married to a permanent resident of America, and have filed for a spouse visa (I130) in Sept 2010. Is it possible for me to apply for the E-3 visa with the spouse visa being processed, or does it demonstrate dual intent?

E-3 is not a clear dual intent visa. BUT, govt. tends to lean in the direction that they will permit dual intent as long as you clearly intend to leave if not permitted by law. My suggestion would be to avoid testing the E-3 limits in our current environment.

E-2 visa

Question details

Can someone apply for E-2 visa ,who now residing in USA,is it possible and how long it will take?

Yes, they can. I believe premium processing is available for E visas. If you opt for that, it could take a few weeks.

H-1B and E-3

Question details

I was working in US on E-3 visa before H1B. Which means I entered USA earlier. When does my 6 years clock starts?

In that case, your 6-year clock begins to run on the date you converted (changed status) to H-1.

E-3 for performer

Question details

As an australian actor/singer and teacher...would an E3 work for me and could an agency act as an employer in that case?

E-3 visas are available only for those jobs that demonstrably require a bachelor's degree in the field of work you will be performing. We recently provided assistance in an E-3 visa for a Shakespearean actor and teacher who was coming to teach acting classes in USA. He would probably not have qualified as an artist under E-3 visa, because to be an actor, a bachelor's degree in performing arts is usually not required. But as a teacher, a bachelor's degree was indeed required.

E-3 Visa - Accountant

Question details

I am Australian Citizen with Accounting Degree and looking forward to apply for E-3 Visa. Do I need to have job offer letter from the employer. How big the employer should be?

You do need a job. The company does not have to be a specific size, but it should be large enough to require a professional accountant (not just a book keeper).

E3 to H4

Question details

I am in the US from Australia and just lost my job as an Engineer. I was on an E3. My wife has an H1B and is employed. Since E3 restrictions give about 10 days grace period, our immediate option is for me to go to an H4. Does anyone know how long this process usually takes if I am currently in the US and what I may have to do.

Just go to Canada or Mexico and get your H-4 stamping and come back. That should work.