I-140, I-485 Workload Transfers and a Change in the Direct Filing Address for Certain Form I-140 Petitions Submitted Together with Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing

To improve efficiency, USCIS recently rebalanced the workload distribution of certain Form I-140 petitions and employment-based Form I-485 applications between the Texas Service Center and the Nebraska Service Center.  Unless you are submitting a Form I-907 together with a Form I-140 petition for a worksite in one of the states listed below, please continue to file your forms as indicated on the form instructions and at:

New Direct Filing Address for Certain Form I-140 Petitions Starting October 19, 2015

USCIS is changing the direct filing address for Form I-140 petitions, submitted together with Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing, with a worksite location in any of the following states:

  • Maryland
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Pennsylvania

Starting October 19, 2015, you must file these forms with the Nebraska Service Center at the appropriate address listed below:

Regular Mail:
Premium Processing
USCIS Nebraska Service Center   
P.O. Box 87103     
Lincoln, NE 68501-7103   

Express Delivery:
Premium Processing
USCIS Nebraska Service Center
850 S. Street
Lincoln, NE 68508

Note: If you are filing Form I-907 to upgrade a pending Form I-140 to premium processing, mail the Form I-907 to the service center that has the pending Form I-140. 

How to Track the Status of Your Case

Enter your receipt number at Case Status Online to check the status of your case. You can also sign up to receive automatic case status updates by email.

You can ask USCIS about the status of your case if you do not receive a decision within the published processing time. You may submit an inquiry using e-Request or call the National Customer Service

Center at 1-800-375-5283. For TDD, call 1-800-767-1833. When asking about your case status, tell USCIS your original receipt number and indicate whether your case was transferred to a new location.

If USCIS send's you any notice (such as a Request for Evidence), please read the notice carefully and follow the instructions.

If you move while your case is pending, you must inform USCIS of your new address as soon as possible so that you continue to receive notifications. You can update your address online or by calling the National Customer Service Center. 


Immigration Law

Green Card

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <p> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd><style> <drupal-entity data-*>
If you want to be notified of a response to your comment, please provide your email address.
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.