Reentry Permit


Permission fro a green card holder to stay away from US for upto two years without losing their green card.

Reentry Permit and N-470

Any lawful permanent resident (LPR) or a conditional resident (CR) must present an admission document like special immigrant visa (obtained at consulate abroad), green card or reentry permit upon entry to the U.S. after their temporary trip abroad. In the absence of such document he/she is considered inadmissible. If the LPR or CR seeks admission to the U.S. after more than one year since her departure from USA, the green card may not be sufficient to allow them back into the United States.

Green Card

Immigration Law

Citizenship and Naturalization