Currently I am in India, my H1-B got denied and left US. My wife is in US on the basis of change of status from H4 to B2 on humanitarian grounds due my daughter's chronic medical condition. Her B2 is still under process and if approves then good till 24th Feb'18. Since It is uncertain I will get another employer who can sponsor h1b immediately, Is there any provision for US born, parent can stay due to her undergoing intensive treatment? Can we apply for humanitarian parole?
FAQ: Does bad credit or private loans/litigation affect immigration? ||Changing jobs after I 140 approval, returning to the old job, procedures for starting new green card etc. ||Effect of salary variations during L-1A visa ||Implications of alcohol-related convictions, such as DUI, on immigration or H-1B ||Staying in the United States based upon the medical need of a child, B-2 or humanitarian parole.
Other: H-1B amendments for relocation, visa stamping ||Filing in EB-1C green card for international manager or executive ||Applying for H-1B from a third country||Proceedings after employee files WHD complaint ||Changing H-1B jobs while an extension is pending ||H-1B visa stamping problems||Applying for H-1B extension without a copy of the I 140 approval notice ||H-1B amendments for relocation ||Does change of location requiring L-1A amendment? ||Cross-chargeability, etc.
Right now I'm in USA on B1 visa. I came last week 1st Oct 2017. Got the stamp for 6 months (i94 expires on Mar 31, 2018). This is the 3rd time I'm traveling to the US on B1. Below are the previous trip details.
Aug 02 2014 To Sep 28 2014, May 03 2015 To Jun 15 2015,3) Oct 1 2017 To till date (Nov 11 2017). Now my company wants to file L-1B petition for me. The employer is ready to file an application for L-1B in the USA if it is legitimate.
1) Now I'm already in the US, so Is there a process to get my L-1B without going back to my country (India)? Is B-1 to L-1B is a complex process? Is there any complication(s) if I put my petition in USA?
2) What will be the time frame to get L-1B?
Discussion Topics, Thursday 19 October 2017:
FAQ: Pros and cons of adjustment of status and consular processing for green card || Applying for green card while holding H-4 status; applying for green card and permanent residence for another country simultaneously ||Changing status from tourist or business visa (B1 or B2) within the United States|| How to read the visa bulletin? || What type of questions can be asked in consular or adjustment of status interview for employment based applicants || Effect of a speeding ticket on green card or naturalization/citizenship || Effect of moving abroad while still on H-1B visa || Denial of H-1B on Level 1 wage issue || Doing business on H-4 EAD. Other: Family-based green card for an H-1B holder || Filing concurrent H-1B for family-owned business || Relationship between maintaining US permanent residence and expiration of green card || I-94 correction through the CBP || H-4 visa/status issues || H-1B laid off || H-4 EAD to H-1 || H-4 EAD issues, etc.
1. I am on H-1B visa valid till sep 2018 , I came to India in November 2016 and applied for stamping of my visa here in New Delhi consulate , they kept my passport and some documents and told me it's in admin processing and will contact the client, as I was not working for that client during that time so they have rejected my visa after 3 months in January 2017 , the section they given for rejection is 212 (a) (6)(c)(i) which prohibits the issuance of visa for for fraud or willfully misinterpretation of fact. I check My USCIS online status of my H-1B says that my visa has been sent to the department of state. Will I be ever able to enter the USA ?
2.How to remove this Fraud charges on me?
3. I have a B1-B2 for 10 years in the year 2011, but that passport got lost in the USA, I got new passport from Indian consulate there and then I was traveling in H1-B mostly, So never bothered to inform and re-stamp my b1b2 visa from the consulate in India. How can I get my duplicate B-1/B-2 re-issued
1. Yes, if you can get a 212(d)(3) waiver for a limited time or limited purposes.
1. Am I allowed to travel to the USA as a B-1 business visitor? How many times in a year and for how long can I stay in the US for my business trip?
2. What kind of paperwork would I be asked to show at the port of entry?
3. B-1/B-2 visa stamp is valid until 2026; Do I need to renew it every time before travelling to the US by going to the US consulate or any other office?
1. B-1/B-2 are mixed used visas. You can do pretty much everything on these visas. <br>
1. Does the new 60 day grace period for H-1Bs apply to one after quitting their job ? Or is it only applied to situations only in the cases where the employer terminates the job?
2. I am on H-1B and plan to quit my job and move back to India, I would need 3-4 weeks to wrap up things here after quitting the job. I am trying to see if I can use this 60 day grace period.
1. According to the regulations what my best guess is it was reserved for those circumstances where you had no choice but to be out of status, but if you quit voluntarily I don't think you can claim the 60 day grace period.
FAQ: What if I never joined the employer who sponsored me for green card; What if I move back to home country while my green card process is still pending; Can I go back and join an employer who has my I-140 approval, but I left them; What if I move back to home country while my green card process is still pending; Filing two quota H-1 petitions simultaneously through different companies; Changing employers after 6 years of H-1 are over; H-4 EAD changing back to H-1; Do jobs have to be same or similar when I port my priority date; FAQ: Is it legal to do business in home country while working in USA on a visa; Consequences of I-140 revocation; Consequences of I-140 revocation.
Other: Extension of H-4 while I-485 is pending; Removing conditional status in a conditional green card through marriage I-751; H-1B issues; What to do/options if H-1 is denied; FAQ: Doing business in the USA on a B-1/B-2 visa.