Background: Applied I-485 application under EB3 after downgrade from EB2 in 2020. Refiled another I- 485 application under EB2 in 2021. Received EAD/ AP combo card from EB3 application in Jan 2022. Used it to travel out of country in July 2022. Green card approved in EB2 category while out of country. Entered USA using the Advance Parole from EB3 in August 2022 as the green card was in mailbox in USA. At Port of Entry, I informed them about the approval of I-485. However, they paroled me in for 1 year until August 2023 and stamped Advance pare in my passport. I collected my physical card from the mailbox after reaching my home.
What is my status now- Green card or Advance parole? Any impact on my green card status with that AP stamp as I used AP from EB3 after approval of green card from EB2? I did not receive any notice form USCIS about withdrawing EB3 application after they granted green card under EB2. Should I ask USCIS to cancel the EB3 application or assume that it is automatically canceled by USCIS?
1) PD - Initial Filing - EB2 MAR 2014 (Two Different EB2 filings with two different employers A and B)
3) Downgraded to EB3 with Employer B (New Petition but using the same EB2 PERM with Employer B) In Nov 2020, Filed I-485 Concurrently
3) Change to a different Full-Time AC21 - Same or Similar Role (Employer C) - Using AOS EAD
4) I-485 Got Approved in E26 Category (EB-2) before any I-485J submission whatsoever.
4) Initiated an inquiry with the Congressman to confirm this card is legitimate for usage and no errors / issues; still waiting on USCIS Response.
5) Spouse's I-485 also Got Approved about 2 weeks AFTER this inquiry was already sent over to USCIS (E27 Category).
1) Suppose that a congressman's written response from USCIS comes back affirmative for legitimacy of the approvals quoting USCIS discretionary authority. There is also a recent trend of many such approved cases where the applicant had at least one prior approved EB-2 petition with PD current - so this situation does not seem to be unique any more.
Should we still then pursue USCIS E-Request / I-90 submission avenues from our side - would it really be worth to continue stretching this any further at that point ?
2) You had indicated that until notified otherwise, this LPR card can be used for Travel Purposes. Can it also be used to say take up a second week-end / part time job, renewal of driver's licenses etc. ?
3) If you use this card for any of the above purposes, and unfortunately USCIS response were to be negative, do you lose your status - have to do any reinstatement etc. particularly in the travel situation usage of LPR Card ?
4) Can you continue using your AOS EAD / AP instead during this seemingly weird time window, since that also is a USCIS-issued valid non-expired travel and work authorization ? In general, can you continue its usage until the expiry date, regardless of your I-485 status ?
I-140 was approved and then revoked in 2011. Can I keep my priority date and also apply for I-485? What is the deadline for filing I-485?
I work on H1B. My I 485 and wife's I-485 was filed in April 2022;
My priority date is Apr 2014; Have lived and worked in USA since 2004=Student visa and H-1Bvisa;
Wife was born in Nepal. She has the receipt number of my I-485 and her I-485;
I believe due to India Priority date current, I am eligible for filing and getting my GC without using cross-chargeability. Is there any implication that I should be aware of?
We are divorcing due to a mismatch in expectations. Got married in 2018; She came to the USA in early 2022 – after 4 years of disagreements and delays to live in the marriage with me.
She may file cases against me in India – such as 498A and claim that I used her Nepal birth for my GC. This was a genuine arranged marriage that was started through communication between our families.
Can she harm my I-485 case by directly communicating to USCIS about her claims. What possible risks I should plan for.
1. My previous employer applied for my GC and it just got approved on 07/15/2022.
(a): I have EB3 and EB2 I-140 approved from the same employer.
(b): Filed 485 based on EB3 priority date and received EAD and AP.
(c): No interfiling done to move from EB3 to EB2 and GC got approved.
2. I joined a new employer 5 months ago using H1B with mutual understanding with my previous employer. In case needed, I would join them back. No I-485J transfer has been done so far.
Q: Can I continue to work with my new employer using my GC instead of H-1B?
1. How often does it happen that an employment-based green card gets rejected or delayed just because the minimum job requirements were low?
2. What could be decent experience & education requirements for a job to successfully get an employment-based green card.
3. My current employer is filing my green card with minimum requirements of a bachelor's and 1~2 years of experience, but my current qualifications are a master's and 2~3 years of experience. So, is it worth finding a new job and employer where my green card can be filed based on my current higher qualifications?
1. Can I have multiple employers i.e. jobs in the first year of OPT and also after getting STEM OPT extension?
2. Can all my employers start my green process simultaneously?
3. If H-1B COS is approved through one employer i.e. switched from OPT to H-1B, can I still continue other jobs and GC process with them? If not, is there a way to continue all jobs?
4. Does it make a green card case stronger if the sponsoring employer is a big renowned company like Microsoft or Amazon? Also, what about if the company is small?
5. Does OPT, STEM, and H-1B allow you to do a job that allows remote work from within the U.S. regardless of the pandemic? Is such a job eligible for H-1B and green card sponsorship?
My EB-2 I-140 was approved in 2014. Like many others, in 2020, I filed for a downgrade from EB-2 to EB-3 with the same employer. The EB-3 I-140 was denied on Ability to Pay grounds. Now, my EB-2 date is current and I have refiled an I-485. Will there be any impact of the denial on my approved EB-2 I-140 and I-485?
1) I-485 Filed under EB 3 Downgrade - More than one year back and pending
2)Independent I140 Approved both in EB2 and EB3 (Not as Amendment)
3) Currently working on H1B Work Authorization
4) I-485 EAD and AP Available but never used (EB3 Category)
1) If you change your job but by transferring your H1B (Change of Employer) and NOT use EAD, would the AC21 still apply (Same or Similar Job constraint) if you want to keep the I-485 alive?2) You said the last call that for Same of Similar Determination - USCIS Looks at all aspects:
a) Do the Job Duties and Actual Job Title need to be a dollar-to-dollar match?
b) Job Location Changes (One City/State to Another) and Job Mode Changes (From Onsite to Hybrid or Fully Remote) - Allowed?
c) Compensation Differentials - Positive or Negative - Any specific considerations/grey areas
Is it eligible for green card sponsorship if a job allows working remotely?