My previous employer didn't file for my wife H4 when they filed for my H1B, which made her out of status from Sep 2002. I got to know that Rajiv's office did help the clients with H4 issues. That is when I decided to try with them. We filed for my H1B (7th yr extension) and my wife H4 at the same time in Oct 05. We requested to give the status from Sep 02 - Jan 07. USCIS approved both H1B and H4. But they gave her status from Jan 06 - Jan 07, which means she was still out of status from Sep 02 - Jan 06. Then we decided to file for MTR and we filed MTR in Nov 05. USCIS responded to MTR in Sep 06 with RFE. We sent response to RFE and they gave status from Sep 02 - Jan 06, which means my wife got full status.
All this couldn't have happened with out strategic thought process Rajiv/Jitesh and their team has put together. We are extremely happy about how our case has been handled from day one we chose to hire Rajiv's law firm. My special thanks to Rajiv/Jitesh/Ursula/Anna and their team for answering all my questions at different stages of this. In future if I need any immigration help I would definitely go for Rajiv firm. If anybody has any help needed about immigration I would highly recommend Rajiv firm.
I got my wife's I-94 corrected (it had expired for 10 days) by going to the EWR airport office
which was my wife's port of entry.
They had also put an incorrect classification of WT on the I94
instead of an H4 and as such corrected it promptly.
I want to thank your law firm and also Mr. Khanna in particular
for his proper guidance to me in this delicate and urgent matter.
I am realy happy in how your service anserd my questions.
1. I have approved I-140, on 7th yr of extension and my current H1B Visa and I-94 valid with emp A until dec 31,2018 based on my latest approval I received in Nov 1st week.
I have another 1 month to apply for an extension and I am requesting my employer to apply in premium processing.
1)If my extension is applied in Premium before I-94 expiration but pending beyond my expiration date 12/31/2018,
I will be 'out of status' even though 'authorized to stay' until decision is made. Is this correct that this may affect my future H1bs in case it is denied
and attract NTA(notice to appear) in future because of my 'out of status' from date of expiration to date of denial or while leaving the country upon denial.
2. Is it better if I leave the country on the last day of my I-94 expiration(Dec 31, 2018) while my H1B extension is pending in order to avoid 'out of status' or 'unlawful presence' scenarios by staying here. If I leave the country while extension is pending in above scenario, is it possible for me to go for consular processing, get VISA stamped after it is approved and enter the US legally? or is h1b extension is considered as abandoned?
I had my H1 visa extension stamping appointment on Feb 21, 2018. Initially it was put under Administrative Processing and later on May 23rd my petition was send back for revocation. As per the inquiry with embassy they told me that "Based on the documents you submitted and the information elicited in your interview with a consular officer, you were determined ineligible for an H1B work visa. Your petition was returned to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) on May 24. Currently H1 status website shows KCC received the application on June 8. Once KCC receives a petition, it is returned to the approving USCIS office for review and possible revocation. At this point, USCIS can either reaffirm the petition or issue a notice of intent to revoke it. What are the options available with me now?
I am currently working on L1B with company A and I received my H1B I-797 last year from same company A, but didn’t do the conversion to it yet.
I want to change to company B in regards to which I have the below questions:
1- What is the process of switching the visa, and does it need me to setup an interview appointment?
2- If yes, does this have to be out of USA and in my home country?
3- Do I need to get the stamping for H1B with company A before moving to company B? Or can I switch to company B without going for H1B stamping for company A?
USCIS now interprets the 24-month STEM OPT extension rule from 2016 to require a STEM OPT worker to be placed only at a worksite of the employer. In other words, the USCIS now says that any offsite placement, including at a third-party worksite, is prohibited. Will this affect the H1B petitions filed by employers for such opt students, where they are working at an end client location (not employer location) and the H1B petition was filed with end client details.