I am on Initial OPT which expires on November 30, 2021. A company filed H1-B lottery for me this year (2021) which got picked and approved but I was laid off in May and immediately the company filed H1-B withdrawal and sent to USCIS on June 1st, 2021.
1) I have joined a big MNC company few days back who’s willing to sponsor me. I have approval and LCA Notice. What are my options now to get H1-B back?
2) If I can’t do anything with My H1-B. What’s the time frame generally it takes to withdraw my H1-Status? My Status still shows H1-B approved in the portal.
How do I schedule a conference call?
Rajiv hosts a free community conference call for immigration related questions every other Thursday. You can post questions for the call if you are a member of the forums. Membership is immediate and free for life. (Click here to register ). Even if you are not a member, you can dial into the call and also ask questions if there is time left after Rajiv has answered the questions posted for the call by members.
The time and dial-in details are as follows:
Topic: General Immigration Related Questions
Start Time: 12:30 PM, EST
End Time: 1:30 PM, EST
Conference Dial-in: 202-800-8394
NOTE: This call does not mean that we have agreed to represent you or that there is an attorney-client relationship between us. This is merely a community service. You should discuss the specifics of your case with the attorney representing you.
1. Link to the Conference Call forum, http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?246-Free-Community-Conference-Call-For-Immigration-Related-Questions
2. A new thread will be opened in the forum as soon as the previous call recording is uploaded. This thread will be closed when we receive 20 questions. If the thread is closed, you can always call in to the conference call and if there is time available, Rajiv will take your question. Else, please post your question for the next call.
3. You are requested to post your questions in the thread. Please be brief and to the point and present questions in a clear manner that should require short answers so that we can cover maximum possible ground. If you have not posted your question in the forum, there might not be any time during the conference call to assist you. We can try but there is no guarantee that we will be able to answer all questions.
Our recommendation is:
a) Post your questions in the forum ahead of time.
b) Be present at the conference. If you are unable to do so for some reason, you can listen to the recordings that will be made available after the conference is over.
c) Wait for the next conference if you were unable to post your question this time.
d) If a question similar to the one you are asking has already been posted, you do not need to post it again. Then, you can just join the conference to hear the answer or listen to the recording later.
4. The questions will be answered in the order in which they have been posted.
6. We do not guarantee that an answer will be provided to every question posted.
On the conference day
1. Note that this is an open call and will be recorded. You might want to preserve your confidential information like your name and other personal details. Also, note that your voice shall be recorded.
2. Call in the conference number and follow the prompts. We suggest that you call in 8 min. earlier than the start time so as to not lose a spot.
3. The conference will be started in presentation mode. This means that you will only be able to listen.
4. If you have posted your question earlier in the thread, call in early or you may miss your answer. If so, you can listen to the recording later.
5. Everyone who participates in the conference call will be dialing a regular number (not toll-free/1-800) and depending on your long-distance plan or phone service, you may be charged long distance fees by your own service provider.
6. After the conference call is over, a link will be posted on the forums to listen to the recording.