Einstein Visa (EB1-A category)

Question details

I am currently a postdoctoral scholar in the USA. However, I thought one needed a permanent tenure-track position to qualify for the EB-1 visa category. Is that not so?


The Einstein visa (EB1-A category) is different from the outstanding researcher or professor (EB-1B)
category. A job offer is not necessary for an EB1-A petition.

Note: For the NRI readers, The Economic Times has started an immigration helpdesk. A team of experts which includes Rajiv S. Khanna will address the most pressing issues. Please see the link below.


FAQ Transcript

Note: Where transcribed from audio/video, this is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <p> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd><style> <drupal-entity data-*>