Visa Retrogression - Nurses

How can a F1 student after graduation apply for greencard at this time? Isn't there a retrogression problem at present? Are there any hospitals that are currently sponsoring foreign nurses? Secondly what other options are there for a recent nurse graduate (who is a foreigner) to get employment in the US?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

An F-1 student could apply, but will not get the green card right away. I cannot provide a list of hospitals that we work with. That would be a breach of confidentiality in my view. Nurses typically use H-1B, H-1C, H-2B and TN visas.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment