I am Indian citizen, did Nursing accelerated bachelor from accredited university (4yrs course finished in 2 yrs)in USA, RN licensed for NY/NJ/VA compact states ,for H1 and Green card. Do I need visa screen certificate?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

"Yes. Although your professional education was completed in the United States, the purpose of the VisaScreen®: Visa Credentials Assessment is to provide a screening program which meets all federal requirements for international health care professionals seeking an occupational visa in the United States, irrespective of where the professional education was completed. However, there is a streamlined process for foreign-born health care professionals educated in the United States." From CGFNS.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment