1. I am a F-1 student graduating in May 2021. An employer "X" wants to e-register me for the H1B lottery and I am hoping for a better offer from employer "Y". Suppose I got selected in the H1B lottery filed by "X". Can I start working for employer "Y"? What are my options to work for employer "Y"?
2. Can employer "Y" file my H1B petition even though I was registered in the lottery by "X"?
3. Can I ask "X" to not file an H1B petition after winning the lottery and use F1-opt as work authorization?
4. I am also applying for F1-OPT. Can I use my F1-opt to work till September for "Y" and then use H1B in October to work for "Y" while it was filed by employer "X"? I believe "X" would send an H1B petition with change of status.
1. As long as you have your OPT you can work for any employer.
3. Absolutely you can.
4.Yes, absolutely you can.
Note: Where transcribed from audio/video, this is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.