Filing Employment Based Green Card While Living Outside USA

I am currently located in India and working as a Technical Architect in software MNC. I had a prior H1B valid from Feb 2008 till Dec 2014 which was sponsored by my previous company and has about 17 days left in it to complete a total of 6 years. After this I have joined a new firm, so wish to know if my current company or a new company can file for a Green Card while I am still in India. If yes , what is the way forward?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ:

Filing employment based green card while living outside USA

Video Transcript

The answer is Yes. Any company as long as it is done in good faith to hire and to be hired, they can file your green card while you are living in India. More...

Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.



Nonimmigrant Visas: 
Green Card: 
Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment