Immigrant Petition and R-1 Visa

I am currently in the U.S. on an R-1 visa. Can I file my immigrant petition and my petition to adjust status to that of permanent resident at the same time?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

No. Religious workers are not permitted to file Form I-360 (immigrant petition) concurrently with Form I-485 (petition to adjust status to permanent resident). You must wait until your I-360 is approved before you can file you Form I-485.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment