H-1B 60 days grace period explained

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ: H-1B 60 days grace period explained

Video Transcript

The 60 day grace period is not a right, it is something you ask the government for. If you got unexpectedly laid off or something of that nature happened beyond your control you can request the government when to file for an H-1 transfer even though you were out of status for 45 to 50 days. You should request the government to give you status without having to leave the USA.  Once you file the application and get a receipt you can start working. AC21 does protect you under this rule. More

Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment