Handling a temporary break on the H-1B visa: Transitioning from work to school and back

Question details

I am working on an H-1B visa, and I want to leave my job and join full-time school for a couple of years. I want to start working again using my same H-1B visa when my studies are completed. So, how can I do that by staying within the U.S.?


Video URL
FAQ Transcript

If you have been through the lottery once, you're exempt for the next 6 years. You can go back and resume H-1B without worrying about the lottery. H-1B eligibility is based on your qualifications and job requirements, irrespective of your specific job role.