Procedure to recapture H-1B/L-1 time outside the U.S.

Question details

During the last three years on H-1B, I have spent approximately one year outside of the US (multiple visits to India). What is the procedure to recapture that time and add it back to my H-1B total time?


Video URL
FAQ Transcript

You can recapture your H-1B time (one year) by requesting it during your next extension application. There's no deadline, and you might even recapture a full year if you exceed six months out. Documentation like passport stamps is needed.