Eligibility for N-470

In a month I will have lived in the US for one year as PR. My company is sending me to do some work for them overseas. 1. Do I have to eligible for naturalization FIRST before I file N-470? Or is this just for any LP who have lived in the US for an uninterrupted year? 2. Can I file it while I am overseas? 3. Can I file when I come back having lived outside the US for less than a Year? 4. Can I file the application and leave BEFORE I hear back from USCIS? 5. What should my employer write in the supporting documents? 6. What makes my company an American corporation/firm?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

1. No, you do not have to be eligible for naturalization.
2. No, you have to file while in USA.
3. No.
4. Yes.

5 and 6 require a lawyer to look over your company's details.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment