H-4 EAD or otherwise & Remote Work for Indian Company: Legality and Considerations

Question details

I have H-4 EAD. However, I have not yet found a relevant IT job. Can I take up a remote job offer from one of the Indian payroll companies? Is it allowed legally?


Video URL
FAQ Transcript

Yes, you can work for a company based in India while on an H-4 visa, especially if you have an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Working remotely for a foreign company from within the United States is legally permissible. However, it's essential to consider tax implications. You may be required to pay taxes in the USA, so it's advisable to consult with a tax professional or accountant to understand your tax obligations accurately.

Immigration Law